Thursday, January 14, 2010

So, everyone who knows me knows that I am a geek for science, math, guys in glasses, owls, all things Chi O, and handbells. Today I'm humbled and excited to share that I auditioned for and got a spot for next year's Raleigh Ringers, which to me is pretty much the top group I could be in! I've known of this group since I was a little girl and watched their television Christmas specials on PBS. My handbell directors & teachers always spoke of the Raleigh Ringers with esteem, and if any of my groups ever tackled a really super challenging song, chances are it was commissioned by/for Raleigh Ringers. When my bell group was gearing up for a tour in Russia, we went to go see RR in Indianapolis, on their week-long summer tour! I never thought that I'd end up here, in this area, and actually be able to have a spot in this group!

I know it's going to take a lot of time, and I'm going to have to work hard to get to the level of the veteran members of the group. But I'm excited, and ready to work hard! I'm still on an emotional high tonight. It's been a great week!!
www.rr.org - we could be coming to a city near you this year!!!

1 comment:

KJ said...

*WOOT* *WOOT* congrats alex j!