Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sometimes, I wonder what in the world is really going on in my subconscious mind... last night I dreamed about catheter-related bloodstream infections and walking to France. In the first section, I was at a hospital with a group of people and I think that we were going to watch a procedure on or talk to my friend's dad. However, the doctor informed us that he had a catheter-related infection and was not doing well and so we could not see him. In something that would only make sense to my Cook friends, I asked him if he used a Spectrum catheter and he said no, he used some other company's antibiotic coated catheter, as opposed to this antibiotic inpregnated one. He said it was cheaper and I remember actually screaming at him that the Spectrum catheter had a 2 mm zone of inhibition (I think my dream made that up) with no resistance developed in any of the literature studies (I think that part's real) and that if it could have prevented this, it would have been worth the extra money. Why do I dream about things like that?
Later after this eventful visit, I dreamed that I was going with my friend Betsy and some others to France, where she's doing her study abroad, only... we were planning to walk. I was confused by this and how we were planning to get there the same day, and was kind of cranky because I figured we'd be pretty darn tired from all that walking. Somehow I learned that there was a place up north where France was really close to the US, and that we were going to cross there over a bridge or something (what the heck?!?), but that still made me cranky because we were going to have to walk up the whole East Coast in one afternoon and that sounded like hard work.
So strange...

No comments: