Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Should I have eaten an apple a day?
There is nothing like medical problems to make you appreciate your good health, including things you never thought you could appreciate. When I found out about my freakish skin allergies 3 yrs ago and learned that I'd probably never be able to buy mainstream shampoo at the store again, I thought that was a big deal. Like 'wow, I'm probably always going to have this. I'm going to have to deal with this forever, weird.' Haha, um, no. Not a big deal. Perspective is everything! It's kind of crazy because I'm still [technically] just 24, but yet have these random problems. How fun for both the wallet and the conversational circuit ;-) At least it's something that can be managed with medicine; hopefully that keeps me in check for a long time. :) So, it's all good, don't worry about me [although do pray for me if you do/ are inclined], just - if you're healthy, don't take it for granted :) Although as I've experienced it's almost impossible not to when it's all you know.

Now in other news I'm doing a thoroughly slowpoke job of packing up this house to move to NC. So, too bad that's happening Saturday!! I finished writing my goodbye notes to coworkers today but not without crying over a few of them. I realized yesterday that I definitely moved from the cold and unemotional stage to the hyperemotional stage of this process. And today at work didn't help what with all of the thoughtful cards, gifts, emails, etc. This is not easy. Even though the overall idea of what I'm doing is exciting, the nuts & bolts execution is not without its little bit of heartache.
*edit* I can't believe this, when I posted this that sentence read 'exiting' instead of 'exciting!' Geeze Louise! ;-) :-p

No comments: